NAF offers professional development to teachers and other stakeholders who want to hone skills and strengthen their academy through effective practice and leadership. NAF professional development is a key component in Career Academy National Standards of Practice.
NAF's professional development ensures that teachers and academy directors are equipped to deliver up-to-date instruction and content in their academy theme; course objectives are met and teachers implement NAF Curriculum with maximum effectiveness; and essential components of the NAF academy model – partnerships that engage stakeholders from the business and civic sectors – are in place and generating the necessary resources to support academy students and teachers.
NAF provides professional development through technical assistance, online resources, webinars, in-person training sessions, eCollege, and annual conferences.
The following NAF eCollege courses are available:
Self-guided courses: Sign Up Now!
- Basics of the NAF Curriculum (4-6 hours to complete; open enrollment)
- Developing Your NAF Internship Program (4-6 hours to complete; open enrollment)
- Building an Advisory Board that Really Works (4-6 hours to complete; open enrollment)
- Teaching the NAF Curriculum (35 hours to complete; instructor led; application only) Fall Term dates to be announced soon
- Introduction to Academy Leadership (35 hours to complete; instructor led; application only) Fall Term dates to be announced soon
If you have questions or you wish to sign up for eCollege short module or immersion courses please contact Keisha Taylor.