NAF offers professional development to teachers and other stakeholders who want to hone skills and strengthen their academy through effective practice and leadership. NAF professional development is a key component in Career Academy National Standards of Practice.
NAF's professional development ensures that teachers and academy directors are equipped to deliver up-to-date instruction and content in their academy theme; course objectives are met and teachers implement NAF Curriculum with maximum effectiveness; and essential components of the NAF model – partnerships that engage stakeholders from the business and civic sectors – are in place and generating the necessary resources to support academy students and teachers.
NAF provides professional development through technical assistance, online resources, webinars, in-person training sessions, eCollege, and annual conferences.
The following NAF eCollege courses are available:
Self-guided courses: Sign Up Now!
- Basics of the NAF Curriculum (4-6 hours to complete; open enrollment)
- Developing Your NAF Internship Program (4-6 hours to complete; open enrollment)
- Building an Advisory Board that Really Works (4-6 hours to complete; open enrollment)
- Teaching the NAF Curriculum (35 hours to complete; instructor led; application only) Fall Term dates to be announced soon
- Introduction to Academy Leadership (35 hours to complete; instructor led; application only) Fall Term dates to be announced soon
If you have questions or you wish to sign up for eCollege short module or immersion courses please contact Keisha Taylor.
The National Academy Foundation holds an annual professional development conference, NAF Next. This year's conference was held in Orlando, Florida. Check out photo highlights from the event and presentations.
The 2014 conference will be held in Washington, DC July 9-11.