Corporate Volunteer Companies and Individuals
Join thousands of companies across the nation by getting involved with a NAF academy in your community. Many opportunities exist for you to share your time, expertise, and personal support with NAF academy teachers and students.
Be part of an active coalition of industry partners and educators charged with ensuring the quality of NAF academy programs and opportunities for young people.
Take an active role in bringing along the next generation of industry workers by providing work exposure and experiences for NAF academy students within your company or department.
Ways to volunteer:
- Provide a paid internship to a NAF student
- Host a career shadowing event at your office for a group of students
- Judge student competitions
- Lead a workshop on resume writing, interviewing techniques or professional etiquette to help students further develop their career skills
- Collaborate with teachers to help integrate industry trends into curriculum
- Present an in-class presentation or workshop about your industry
- Provide one-to-one career, academic and personal guidance as a mentor to academy students
- Host an industry field trip at your company or at a colleague's company and give Academy students an inside tour
- Join an advisory board
"I've served on the advisory board for 15 years and I'm always impressed with the commitment the students show. We've hired as many as 20 interns in one summer. They get exposure to a work environment with plenty of structure and rules. For those who really are energized by the hospitality field, the opportunities are limitless."
-Chuck Krivanek, Human Resources Manager, Intercontinental Hotels Group, Salt Lake City, UT
"Our job is recruiting and placing engineering professionals for companies. As a member of the local advisory board, I am able to provide students with guidance on what to do in high school to prepare for college as well as provide information on emerging industries for engineering careers."
-Mary Leatherman, District Manager, Kelly Engineering Resources, San Diego, CA
"My involvement on the Academy of Finance Advisory Board [in Miami] has been tremendous because I've been able to give input on curriculum, projects and trips, using my industry expertise. It has also given me a chance to network with other finance professionals in the area who are working with the National Academy Foundation."
-Lillian Cosio, Senior Market Management Associate, New York Life Insurance Company, Miami, FL
Contact NAF's Development Department for more information.