We are continuing to monitor the developments around COVID-19 and its effects on NAF-related activities. Check here regularly for our latest updates. NAF will remain open but our NYC HQ is closed and staff will be working remotely. We will update the NAF network periodically via emails from firstname.lastname@example.org and update these frequently asked questions with the latest information.
We’ve curated a new webpage with the best lessons, activities, and resources from across the web that you can use to teach now. Check out our resource library to incorporate fresh ideas in your virtual classroom.
NAF will give credit, by default, for all active academy students that have been properly uploaded in NAFTrack Certification and enrolled in 2nd semester and/or year-long courses for the 2019-20 school year. If teachers or administrators believe there are students that they deem did not meet the course requirements for credit, an option will be provided to change the default credit. If students have already been assigned a grade in the system, this will not override that action, and the grade put in the system will stand.
What does this mean for students? Students will automatically receive course credit towards NAFTrack Certification for 2nd semester and yearlong courses.
Please reach out to email@example.com if you have any questions about NAFTrack Certification requirements or if you need assistance to upload and assign students in the system.
NAF will give credit, by default, to all internships that are properly uploaded in the NAFTrack Certification system with a starting date between August 1, 2019 and March 15, 2020 to satisfy the internship requirement for NAFTrack Certification.
- Make sure that all students who started an internship between August 1, 2019 and March 15, 2020 are properly uploaded in the system and assigned to an internship by May 15, 2020. Instructions can be found here and here on how to do this. If you have questions, please reach out to NAF at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- NAF will be making this switch in the system between May 15-June 1.
The traditional in-person NAF Next experience won’t be happening this year. In recognizing the impact of this crisis, we have made the difficult decision to cancel the in-person experience of NAF Next 2020. Every year we are excited to connect with you all, share best practices, and have the energy of the NAF network in one place. However, this year keeping everyone safe is most important and we want to do our part to make that happen.
We are excited to share that we are working to bring NAF Next to your homes through a virtual experience – free of charge! Producing a virtual event is a new experience for us, but we are working with an excellent partner to ensure that we still deliver the same quality content as if we were at the Orlando World Center together. In the coming weeks we will work to finalize the details and logistics. Stay tuned and please contact us with any questions you may have.
Application decisions for the Leadership Discovery Summit are currently delayed due to the impact COVID-19 has had on travel, events, and schools in general. We are currently in an inquiry period with all applicants and certain school districts that began April 15 and will go until April 29. During this inquiry period, we are determining if there is still interest in attending, the ability to attend, and the capacity to coordinate chaperones for minor attendees. All applicants should have received an email from NAF on April 15 with a feedback form. For school districts with multiple minor applicants, your portfolio manager will reach out over the next few days. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com or DM @NAFCareerAcads on Instagram. We were very inspired by all of the applicants and we will be in touch as soon as possible.
Resources for Remote Teaching and Learning
Working from home may be new for many educators, but you don’t have to struggle through the experience. NAF is opening up our curriculum to everyone during this time of COVID-19 to support CTE teachers in our academies and beyond.
Our list of resources is focused on great CTE lessons, activities, and resources you can use in a virtual classroom.
We are updating the NAF network periodically via emails. Below is a list of all of our email communications regarding our COVID-19 response.
- May 26, 2020 at 10:15 AM EDT: Alternate Internship Guidelines and Academy Assessment Updates
- May 7, 2020 at 10:45 AM EDT: Get Started with Virtual Work-Based Learning
- April 21, 2020 at 3:35 PM EDT: An Update on NAF Next 2020
- Apr 16, 2020 at 3:30 PM EDT: 5 Ways To Continue Work-Based Learning
- Apr 10, 2020 at 4:30 PM EDT: NAF shared updates regarding internship and course requirements. Read them here.
- March 27, 2020 at 3:40 PM EDT: NAF updates and useful resources were sent to NAF educators. Read updates here. To help educators get connected and share resources, we’re launching the NAF Educators Facebook group.
- March 27, 2020 at 3:40 PM EDT: NAF update to Advisory Board Members
- March 26, 2020 at 3:30 PM EDT: This may be a challenging time for many NAF alumni whose college and early workforce experiences have been disrupted. NAF is continuing our weekly Career Insider email series. Here is the latest email that was sent to NAF alumni HS grad years 2015 – 2019.
- March 16, 2020 at 6:00 pm EDT: We have decided to postpone the Locally-Sponsored NAF Future Ready Lab webinars. See more information here.
- March 13, 2020 at 5:00 pm EDT: Given the rapid updates about school closures, remote work, and other changes being made in our communities, we want to keep in mind everything our communities are focused on at the moment. We will be delaying notification and will reach out as soon as possible. This message was sent directly to applicants.
- March 13, 2020 at 4:40 pm EDT: As of Monday, March 16th, NAF’s headquarters in New York City will be closed until further notice and all staff will be working remotely. All academy and business related travel will also be halted for NAF employees for the time being. After careful consideration, we have also decided to postpone NAF’s annual Benefit until the Fall. Read email update to all network members.
- March 10, 2020 at 11:39 am EDT: Email update to all network members